Skip to main content

Let's Talk about Ghosts

I've been feeling inspired recently. Maybe I'm watching too many of my stories...and by 'my stories', I mean paranormal junk television. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. My recent inspiration has driven me to start posting more about the paranormal. No longer will this intense interest of mine be neglected on this blog. I've posted about paranormal subjects in the past, but not as much as I'd like. I plan to post about various phenomena, anecdotes, possible scientific explanations, investigating, opinions of mine, etc.

For my new readers: Welcome and thanks for following! I am a paranormal investigator. I am considerably lucky to have gotten entangled with a very capable group of investigators. I've learned much from them since getting involved in 2011, and I don't plan on stopping. Despite growing up with one superstitious side of the family (maternal), I was never a wholehearted believer until I had a meaningful encounter at the age of 16. (You can find that story, "Ghostly Encounters," in the list at the bottom of this post.) 

If you are a 'skeptic' or happen to have a different opinion (or new information), tell me about it! I'll never pass up a chance to gain perspective. However, I do ask that you be constructive and not mean. (One of the problems in the paranormal community is that there is an attitude of "Skeptics VS. Believers,"
 and I find this unfortunate. Nothing is black and white, and both sides can learn from one another.)

If anyone has any suggestions for posts, questions, or stories of your own to tell, feel free to comment! It's great to get feedback from readers.

Some links to past paranormal posts:

Comments

  1. Oh yes! Please post about the paranormal! Those are my favorite stories! And maybe we can both share our love of trashy ghostly TV. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an actual paranormal investigator? That's really cool!!! I've always been fascinated by stuff like that, but unfortunately I feel really weird about actually witnessing paranormal activity first hand. I grew in in a supposedly haunted house and was really paranoid about it... Ironically, I now work as an actor in a few "fun haunts" throughout the year, one of which is in an enormous, actually haunted abandoned tanning factory. I was stationed in a room which I got some bad vibes from and a few hours later learned I was only about 12 feet away from the most actively haunted area in the building... Apparently some investigators regularly do overnight stays in the place and have picked a lot of stuff up there. They let me see all the video and listen to EVPs.... I'm kind of freaked out about returning next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to your paranoia. There's some weird things that have happened in my own house. I find my self much calmer at other locations, because I don't actually have to live there. It's really neat that you get to act at Halloween haunted houses. My group runs a house like that for charity around Halloween season, but I've never been involved with it because of school schedules.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

The Ammons' House

Swarms of flies, strange noises, shadowy figures, possessed children climbing up the walls...These all sound like elements from a horror film, but these occurrences characterize a recent paranormal case from Indiana that's been circulating through the media. So far, this case has been well-documented with records from local police and Department of Child Services, psychological evaluations, and priest intervention. After reading one article from USA Today, I find  it compelling that a DCS report details one of the children being "lifted and thrown into the wall with nobody touching him." Despite this many written records from seemingly credible sources, there are still some loose ends. Demon in the photo? There's an app for that. First of all, I'm wondering why there is no video or photo documentation. In a case like this, it should have occurred to someone to document this on camera. In the reports I've read, the homeowner hired clairvoyants and reque...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.