Skip to main content

Going to Dragon Con 2012


source
I'll be attending Dragon Con for the first time this year. If you didn't know, Dragon Con is a huge Atlanta based event on labor-day weekend (Aug. 31- Sept. 3)  for everything geeky. They have sci-fi, anime, paranormal, horror, etc. If anyone happens to see me there, feel free to say hello! The massive guest list this year includes The Cruxshadows (who perform every year), Aurelio Voltaire, Some of the True Blood cast, Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones, some of the TAPS team (Ghost hunters), and even the guy from Reading Rainbow! I'm quite excited as this event is massive. I'll make sure to post many pictures when I attend.

Here's the link to the official site.

source


Add caption

Comments

  1. I'm so jealous! If I was actually able to go I would definitely hunt down Voltaire and ask for a picture ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of Voltaire's music, but he seems like a nice person. I heard he makes toys as well, which is pretty neat. I'm most looking forward to the True Blood cast. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG that looks amazing! *Jealous*

    And the Cruxshadows will be there?! YOU MUST GET PICTURES. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really huge event. hundreds of thousands of people attend each year.

      Delete
  3. That looks so fun! You get to see The Cruxshadows... infinite jealousy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do intend on having fun! I'm actually not a fan of the Cruxshadows... Sorry. The only song I kinda like from them is Marilyn My Bitterness. :/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Update: A Change of Plans

So everyone, I am a little disappointed to say that my Marie Antoinette costume is not a go this year. There has been so much piling up on me between things in my personal life, work, and school, that I have been unable to find the time to get the rest of my costume together. I bit off more than I could chew this year, but I know for next time to plan better. Perhaps you'll see the Queen next year... Although I will not be doing Marie Antoinette, I do have something planned that I can easily do with what I have! I will be using my red dress, a hat, roses, black lace and accessories, and of course some creative make-up, to throw together a Día de los Muertos costume. I think it might even be a better option this year, as I plan on visiting my aunt's house who has decorated her home in a  "Dead Hat Society" theme this year. If you don't remember the aunt to whom I am referring, here is the link to my post about her house.  I will take pictures! It's really spe...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.

My Aunt's Victorian House

I spent this weekend at my Aunt's house. I figured since I had a school assignment at an observatory near her house, that I'd spend the night while I was out there. She lives in a lovely Victorian house that is filled with antiques and Halloween decorations. They even say it's haunted. (They had me sleep in the "haunted" room, but I didn't see any ghosts. :/). I took some pictures of the house while I was there. Below, is just a portion of the Halloween decorations they keep. Around Halloween time, they go all out to decorate. I'm not kidding. My Aunt was even born on Halloween, and she's the one who really fueled my love of spooky things during my childhood.  This is an antique baby carriage they keep in front of my cousin's room.  This table is in the front parlor. I thought it was beautiful, and the witchy sign is a nice touch. This beauty is probably my favorite thing in the house. It was an antique organ that came from a ve...