Skip to main content

Garden Adventure

A couple of days ago, My friend Jessica and I decided to go out for a garden adventure at Smith-Gilbert Gardens. The day started out cloudy with thunderstorms looming in the distance. That did not deter us. Luckily, we weren't caught in the storm and we had the whole place to ourselves. Smith-Gilbert Gardens is a "Collector's garden" with "over 3,000 species of plants," and it is a "blend of art, history, and horticulture."   Our day was filled with exploring, blowing bubbles, and feeding koi fish. We definitely had a lot of fun, feeling like we were in some sort of magical fantasy land. 

One interesting thing they host on Tuesdays is something called "Moonlight Magic in The Garden" or "Twilight Tuesdays." We didn't get to attend this time, but I plan on it soon. Basically, on these nights, the garden hosts evening picnics, bird watching, bat watching, and moonlit garden tours. Sounds lovely, right? 

Brace yourself for all the pictures:
Some sort of medieval torture device?

Not as comfy as it seems





Those blobs under the water are koi fish. They were huge.

This is the tea house, where presumably tea time is held. 

I loved this metal sculpture in the middle of the pond.

A whole greenhouse filled with bonsai trees





Comments

  1. That sculpture looks really amazing, I wonder what should it express ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.

Halloween Update: A Change of Plans

So everyone, I am a little disappointed to say that my Marie Antoinette costume is not a go this year. There has been so much piling up on me between things in my personal life, work, and school, that I have been unable to find the time to get the rest of my costume together. I bit off more than I could chew this year, but I know for next time to plan better. Perhaps you'll see the Queen next year... Although I will not be doing Marie Antoinette, I do have something planned that I can easily do with what I have! I will be using my red dress, a hat, roses, black lace and accessories, and of course some creative make-up, to throw together a DĂ­a de los Muertos costume. I think it might even be a better option this year, as I plan on visiting my aunt's house who has decorated her home in a  "Dead Hat Society" theme this year. If you don't remember the aunt to whom I am referring, here is the link to my post about her house.  I will take pictures! It's really spe...