Well, today was my first day on the job. The school job that is. I'm working with the English Department, specifically the Writing Studio, at Georgia State. I work at the front desk, so that means I answer phones, make coffee, schedule appointments with tutors, etc. Basic secretarial work. All of the tutors that work in The Writing Studio are really fun. Today, we talked about anything from Dragon Con (which is this weekend) to gender roles in between work. It's great getting to meet people who share commonalities. We're all linked by writing...and we're nerds. All in all, I think I'll really enjoy it.
For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again. This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby. Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.
Comments
Post a Comment