Skip to main content

Styling My Short Hair

I just wanted to show everyone a few different ways I can style my hair. Many people think that short hair isn't as versatile as long hair. My cut, however, seems pretty versatile to me. I recommend this cut to anyone who's looking to going short.  

If you do decide on getting a similar cut, here's some styling ideas:

Of course, there's the lovely pompadour style. It's great for formal events, or when you want to add some sass to your day. I got this look by gelling the sides, and backcombing and curling back the top.

Mohawk-style! I really like wearing it like this. I wore it the next day after I had it in a pompadour. All you need to do is just comb it out a little, and use some gel and hairspray. 

This is my teased-up side sweep. It's similar to the pompadour style, but it's messier. I crimped some of the hair, and I brushed it over to the side.

 And Last but not least, it's a piecey pixie. I really love this style. It's the easiest to do. You literally just brush it forward. If you want to add a little volume, backcombing looks great with this as well. This is one that the family loves, so it's good to wear to holidays and family events.

Since I've cut my hair, people have been treating me differently. People have been treating me like more of an adult. I've been getting more respect, and I've gotten so many compliments (especially from men). I never expected any of this, but I certainly welcome it.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Devil's Turnaround

Noonday Missionary Baptist Church's Cemetery is also known as "Devil's Turnaround." It is located along a little back road in Kennesaw, Georgia, and most of the graves are scattered in the woods. It is easy to miss, but some of the gravestones are visible from the road. The cemetery has graves from the 1860's. I wouldn't doubt that some of its occupants were slaves at one time. Many say the land is haunted by malevolent spirits who hurl objects and make physical contact--shoving, scratching, and even biting visitors. I could understand why any lingering spirits might be upset: These grounds have been terribly neglected. Much of the graves are broken and toppled over. Some are barely visible through the overgrowth of ivy and weeds. People also say the root of the haunting may be related to rumored cult rituals performed on the property. Located right by the cemetery are huge power lines (high voltage transmission lines). I could hear them b

Why I Still Use CD's

Second Wave Compilation, Talking Heads, and SOM all purchased at a used book store Are CD's obsolete? With all of this digital downloading, most people don't even bother with them. Even vinyls (which are technically obsolete) have a vintage charm which CD's currently lack. I have a friend who jokes, "It's 2013. Who listens to CD's anymore?" while knowing full well that I still buy them. It might seem that I have luddite tendencies--I don't use an e reader either. However, I can make some very good arguments for purchasing CD's. Buying your music on compact disks nowadays is really cheap, especially if you know where to look. I tend to shop for them at Goodwill, thrift stores, and used book stores. I found Ministry's Psalm 69 (in very good condition) at my local Goodwill for only $1. Keep in mind, many people pay that much for a digital copy of one song. When I shop for them at my local used book store, the CD's are guaranteed to be i

DIY Moon Patch

Sometimes, I get the inexplicable desire to paint patches. This time, I had an image of the moon phases in my head. The next thing I knew, I was pinning the patch on to the back of my jean vest. I was very pleased with how it turned out. What do you think? In progress The finished product