Skip to main content

Christmas Gifts

I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday (whatever holiday you do or don't celebrate). We celebrate Christmas in my household, but I wouldn't really call it celebrating...more like going through the motions. Regardless, I got some gifts I'm excited about!

This is a neat little crushed velvet backpack-purse. I'll be decorating it with patches and pins in the spirit of DIY.

So..many...books. I'm looking forward to reading Zak Bagans' (of Ghost Adventures) book. For any new followers, you must know that I regularly partake in making fun of this "ghost hunter." It's all in good fun. I think I'll do a post about his book when I get around to reading it.

 This is such a neat little necklace. It makes me wonder how they punched the cross out of the coin...It must be Christmas Magic! ;)

These lipsticks and the lip brush are Make up Forever brand from Sephora. The colors look lighter than they actually are. I tried these two colors in the store, and they are the nicest lipsticks I've worn. It's not very often one can find a good black, so I really got lucky when the store got it. I'll make sure to do a review on it as well.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to grab some wine and pretend to be a cat. :)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I can't wait to read them. I just finished The Scarlet Letter, so I'm about to start on Chip Coffey's book. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey there! :)

    Awesome coin necklace, and those lipsticks look great. (Looking forward to the review. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to writing it! I still have my old Hot Topic black Lipstick I can use for comparison. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.

Halloween Update: A Change of Plans

So everyone, I am a little disappointed to say that my Marie Antoinette costume is not a go this year. There has been so much piling up on me between things in my personal life, work, and school, that I have been unable to find the time to get the rest of my costume together. I bit off more than I could chew this year, but I know for next time to plan better. Perhaps you'll see the Queen next year... Although I will not be doing Marie Antoinette, I do have something planned that I can easily do with what I have! I will be using my red dress, a hat, roses, black lace and accessories, and of course some creative make-up, to throw together a Día de los Muertos costume. I think it might even be a better option this year, as I plan on visiting my aunt's house who has decorated her home in a  "Dead Hat Society" theme this year. If you don't remember the aunt to whom I am referring, here is the link to my post about her house.  I will take pictures! It's really spe...