Skip to main content

DIY: Zombie Feltie

It's the first of August, which means It's my best friend's birthday! Happy birthday, Justean!

Being the zombie fanatic she is, I thought I'd make her a present to feed her unhealthy obsession with the undead. The first thing that came to mind was...Zombie Feltie! I'd seen them online, and you can even purchase the book of how to make them. Mine wasn't as elaborate as some of these in the book, but they're still fairly simple to make.
source
Here's what to do if you want one of your own:
Step 1: Sketch a plan of what you want your creature to look like.
This may not seem so important, but if you don't brainstorm, you might end up with something you don't like as much as you would've hoped.

Step 2: Cut out (in felt material) the pieces you need. 
Make sure you don't accidentally forget to cut out two pieces for the body. Try not to make the shape too perfect looking since creatures of the undead aren't perfect looking either.

Step 3: Ready your hot glue gun, needle and thread, and fabric paint!
Sew on the button eyes, and use the hot glue gun to glue down the mouth, teeth, and pants. The fabric paint is for the details like stitches or dripping blood.

Step 4: Start sewing together your little monster.
I like to use mismatched thread so it really stands out. Also, make sure to leave plenty of space for stuffing!

Step 5: Make sure your zombie minion is stuffed. 
You can even add a squeaker if you like (which is what I did).
Finished!

Comments

  1. Adorable! =3
    That's a great gift for a zombie lover, and you did a wicked job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. I haven't given it to her yet, but I know she'll like it!

      Delete
  2. That's just...I really have to go make one of these now... they're so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute! Make sure to post your version. I'd love to see it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

The Ammons' House

Swarms of flies, strange noises, shadowy figures, possessed children climbing up the walls...These all sound like elements from a horror film, but these occurrences characterize a recent paranormal case from Indiana that's been circulating through the media. So far, this case has been well-documented with records from local police and Department of Child Services, psychological evaluations, and priest intervention. After reading one article from USA Today, I find  it compelling that a DCS report details one of the children being "lifted and thrown into the wall with nobody touching him." Despite this many written records from seemingly credible sources, there are still some loose ends. Demon in the photo? There's an app for that. First of all, I'm wondering why there is no video or photo documentation. In a case like this, it should have occurred to someone to document this on camera. In the reports I've read, the homeowner hired clairvoyants and reque...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.