Skip to main content

Portland Black Lipstick Company

I've been looking ages to find a good black lipstick. I've tried a few, and they're all pretty bad. I've even tried eyeliner, but I'm not too keen on it. I recently stumbled upon Portland Black Lipstick Company. When I was watching the test makeover scene for the upcoming movie, My Summer as A Goth, I saw the actors putting on some black lipstick. 


I remember thinking to myself that the tube looked like chapstick.  After I looked it up, I found quite the contrary. This company, obviously from Portland, specializes in natural makeup products. Their motto is actually, "All natural makeup for that un-natural look." I love it! Here's what they say about their products:


"Our ingredients are all-natural. Of course, the word ‘natural’ has no legal or scientific definition in the world of cosmetics, so every natural cosmetic company sets its own parameters. For us, ‘natural’ means using plant-based oils and waxes, lanolin, and beeswax, mineral pigments and/or carmine for color, and distilled essential oils for fragrance."


They're also planning on coming out with vegan based lipstick sometime soon. Not only do they stock black lipstick, they also have all kinds of crazy colors. I plan on buying a tube or two sometime soon. When I do, I'll definitely do a review post. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! I want to go to Portland at some point >_<

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

The Ammons' House

Swarms of flies, strange noises, shadowy figures, possessed children climbing up the walls...These all sound like elements from a horror film, but these occurrences characterize a recent paranormal case from Indiana that's been circulating through the media. So far, this case has been well-documented with records from local police and Department of Child Services, psychological evaluations, and priest intervention. After reading one article from USA Today, I find  it compelling that a DCS report details one of the children being "lifted and thrown into the wall with nobody touching him." Despite this many written records from seemingly credible sources, there are still some loose ends. Demon in the photo? There's an app for that. First of all, I'm wondering why there is no video or photo documentation. In a case like this, it should have occurred to someone to document this on camera. In the reports I've read, the homeowner hired clairvoyants and reque...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.