Skip to main content

Meet the Ghost Guides

our Facebook page (That's me on the far left!)

As many of you know, I lead ghost tours around my town in metro-Atlanta. Before Christmas, we did a little photo shoot and sent in bios for the website. (before I got my hair cut.) I really enjoy my job, because The Paranormal (of course), History, and Storytelling are all passions of mine. I also have the opportunity dress up and meet all sorts of people while on tour.

Our other guides are very good at what they do, and they're all interesting people. One of the guides is a sensitive and paranormal investigator. She was actually in "A Haunting" from [this post]. In addition, Another guide is a SFX make-up artist. We also have a guide working on an indie film, and another who is an artist who also welds. If you're interested, you can meet the tour guides from Ghosts of Marietta at [this link].

Since this is a short post, I thought I'd add a little related anecdote. My best friend and I enjoy going to our local cemetery, often times at night. I knew the trolley tour was going through the cemetery one night, and people were going to be on the grounds. We both went out there to get into shenanigans as we do, so we could prank the tour participants. It's all in good fun. We hid behind the trees with rocks and dry leaves in our hands. When the participants finally arrived, we threw the rocks to the ground to make noise, and we crumpled the leaves and stepped on a few branches. We also made some weird owl noises while we darted through the trees like shadows. We got some looks in our general direction (they didn't see us, by the way), and one person intently whispered to the guide. I now know exactly how the mischievous ghosts feel, and I like it.


Comments

  1. You officially have the best job ever! And that picture of you is amazing. Where did you get your adorable bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I got my bag at a shop called Junkman's Daughter. It's from Poizen Industries.

      Delete
  2. Actually, I didn't know that you're a ghost guide. What a great job. Since I live by some cemeteries and know a lot about the history of my town I've thought of doing the same thing. The problem though is that the people who own the large one that I live at refuse to allow paranormal investigators here as well as any people in there at night. I did see a ghost here one night however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. Maybe you can share a story of your experience.

      Delete
    2. Good idea. Maybe I'll do a blog post about it soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

The Ammons' House

Swarms of flies, strange noises, shadowy figures, possessed children climbing up the walls...These all sound like elements from a horror film, but these occurrences characterize a recent paranormal case from Indiana that's been circulating through the media. So far, this case has been well-documented with records from local police and Department of Child Services, psychological evaluations, and priest intervention. After reading one article from USA Today, I find  it compelling that a DCS report details one of the children being "lifted and thrown into the wall with nobody touching him." Despite this many written records from seemingly credible sources, there are still some loose ends. Demon in the photo? There's an app for that. First of all, I'm wondering why there is no video or photo documentation. In a case like this, it should have occurred to someone to document this on camera. In the reports I've read, the homeowner hired clairvoyants and reque...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.