Skip to main content

I Graduated!

Hello, everyone! I can hardly believe how long it's been since I've posted last. In that time, I have been finishing up my last semester at university. I am pleased to say that I am now a college graduate (Summa Cum Laude with honors distinction!) with a B.A. in English and a minor in Spanish.
Receiving my Honors distinction certificate

A very tired Katie and her Ryan
If everything works out, I plan to do an AmeriCorps program. AmeriCorps is a community service-based organization (similar to Peace Corps) that partners with local organizations to tackle a variety of issues. Those I have applied to deal with sustainable development, conservation, and hunger. I'm unsure of where I will be, but my top two programs are in the Appalachian mountains (WV and OH).

The programs start late Summer/early Fall. In the meantime, I plan on taking some time to rest and hopefully do some writing and volunteer work. This is already a tough transition because I forgot how not to be stressed out about school work. I'm also struggling with letting the day crumble before my eyes and turn to dust, only focusing on accomplishing trivial tasks (or nothing at all).

The good part is that I now have no homework and so much time! I'm taking Ryan to go on a night hike/ scorpion and owl "hunt" this weekend, for example!


Comments

  1. Congratulations!

    Being able to go community service in something you care about sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The jobs I'm applying for are community service based, so I'm looking forward to them. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Well done! This is really a great achievement, you should feel so proud of yourself!
    Does it feel strange to not have to worry about assignments anymore? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a little strange. Instead of worrying about homework, I'm worrying about finding a job to pay off my loans. But, I'm glad to be done with school for now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

The Ammons' House

Swarms of flies, strange noises, shadowy figures, possessed children climbing up the walls...These all sound like elements from a horror film, but these occurrences characterize a recent paranormal case from Indiana that's been circulating through the media. So far, this case has been well-documented with records from local police and Department of Child Services, psychological evaluations, and priest intervention. After reading one article from USA Today, I find  it compelling that a DCS report details one of the children being "lifted and thrown into the wall with nobody touching him." Despite this many written records from seemingly credible sources, there are still some loose ends. Demon in the photo? There's an app for that. First of all, I'm wondering why there is no video or photo documentation. In a case like this, it should have occurred to someone to document this on camera. In the reports I've read, the homeowner hired clairvoyants and reque...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.