Fall is officially here, and the month of October is right around the corner. I find myself still in the contemplation stages for my Halloween costume. Most years I'm very last minute, but I can't afford to procrastinate this time around. That's because I've decided on a more elaborate costume for this Hallow's Eve: Marie Antoinette (with a slashed neck, of course). Source I've been searching online for inspiration, and I've been developing a tentative plan for how I'm going to pursue this costume. For the dress, I will keep an eye out for a prom dress at a local thrift store. It will need to be a sturdy fabric, preferably in a mid-to-light blue. I will need to make any necessary alterations and add sleeves, bows, and lace. As for the poof under the skirt, my idea involves sewing a couple of small pillows to tie to my hips. This would be easier that making a pannier . What I am most worried about, besides my limited time, is the wig. I cannot affor...
If you google Valborrar you will see some ugly costumes from our county. It's not about Halloween but an odd not christian spring celebration, like Beltane. We call it Valborg.
ReplyDeleteAh! I've heard it called "Walpurgisnacht." It's really interesting!
DeleteTerrifying!
ReplyDeleteThey could make an entire horror movie out of that last picture ... ewwww. Or maybe they already have? :)
ReplyDeleteThey could make it a B movie and put a veggie propaganda spin on it--"Revenge of the Slaughterhouse" or something!
DeleteHoly crapola these are scary!
ReplyDelete(Hi, by the way! It's been a while! Remember me? >.< )
Of course I remember you! I hope things are well. :)
DeleteThey are indeed! :) And I hope things are well with you too. It's so nice to see that you're still blogging.
Delete