Skip to main content

I'm Back from Florida!

I just got back from my Florida trip with my boyfriend, so I thought I'd post some photos and experiences from my vacation. It was a six hour drive from where I live (metro Atlanta) to get to Seagrove Beach, but well worth the trip. I definitely needed a vacation, so now I'll be back to blogging regularly.

The whole area where we stayed, especially Watercolor, was just so surreal. There were pastel beach houses everywhere situated perfectly by the beach. The area was so clean. It was like a movie set. Watercolor was the area where The Truman Show with Jim Carrey was filmed, by the way. They chose a great spot.
Because Cats and Dogs are people too.

In Seagrove and Watercolor, most of the businesses are local. We ate like royalty while we were there at the local restaurants. This included The Market Cafe, Bruno's Pizza, Barefoot Barbecue, The Red Bar, The Donut Hole, and Heavenly's Gelatto shop.
My meal from Barefoot BBQ
The food was great, and everything was so fresh. The Donut Hole ran out of Key Lime Pie filled donuts by the time we got there for the breakfast rush, so I was a little disappointed. Those are my favorite, but all of their donuts are excellent. The really cool looking waitress there, who has dark pinkish hair, remembered Joe and I from our last trip six months ago. I was really surprised since there are so many people that go there. Last time, she said we didn't look like the normal tourists, so I suppose that's why we were remembered. Anyhow, it made me happy. I also loved having my frozen chocotate-dipped key lime pie on a stick from Heavenly's again. The atmosphere of the whole area was just great.

One day, we went to Sun Dog Books and Central Square records. That was pretty nice. I didn't find a whole lot at the record shop since most of the music was indie pop or indie rock, but they did have a decent selection of punk with more Riot Grrl  albums than I've seen anywhere else. I was also thrilled at the fact that they sold book T-Shirts like a Lolita by Nabokov one.

My trip was also highlited with my quest for the final Vampire Kisses Novel, Immortal Hearts. I'm not a fan of teen novels, but I've been reading this since I was about twelve or thirteen. Raven, the main character, was a gothspiration of mine before I knew anything about the subculture, so it is dear to my heart. My GPS doesn't work well all the time, so it lead us all over the place to find the Barnes and Noble. There was none in Panama City like the thing said. We then went all the way to Pier Park where somebody told us one was, but we couldn't find that either. We gave up, and went the next day to Destin to a Books-A-Million where I finally found it.
I hope this book is worth all the trouble getting it.
I also found it funny that Joe needed to get a New York Times everyday so he could stay in the loop. Apparently, he's addicted to the news, which explains why he knows everything as it's happening. It's almost like he has ESP for the news. The nearest Starbucks had free newspapers anyway. The store also has a koi pond which is frequented by the local stray cat.
The Starbucks' Koi pond

A cool article I found about rockabilly and pinup style becoming popular.
Our last day, we spent walking on the beach a lot I got some pretty good footage of seagulls. Joe also got nipped by a Great Dane. Most Great Danes are extremely social dogs, but this one was the exception. It could've done some serious damage it if wanted, so we're lucky it only left a few marks.
Joe fumbling with the newspapers at the Beach.
Here's some footage of me bothering the seagulls:

Now my stomach's grumbling, so I'm going to go have some leftovers from the trip. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Devil's Turnaround

Noonday Missionary Baptist Church's Cemetery is also known as "Devil's Turnaround." It is located along a little back road in Kennesaw, Georgia, and most of the graves are scattered in the woods. It is easy to miss, but some of the gravestones are visible from the road. The cemetery has graves from the 1860's. I wouldn't doubt that some of its occupants were slaves at one time. Many say the land is haunted by malevolent spirits who hurl objects and make physical contact--shoving, scratching, and even biting visitors. I could understand why any lingering spirits might be upset: These grounds have been terribly neglected. Much of the graves are broken and toppled over. Some are barely visible through the overgrowth of ivy and weeds. People also say the root of the haunting may be related to rumored cult rituals performed on the property. Located right by the cemetery are huge power lines (high voltage transmission lines). I could hear them b

DIY Moon Patch

Sometimes, I get the inexplicable desire to paint patches. This time, I had an image of the moon phases in my head. The next thing I knew, I was pinning the patch on to the back of my jean vest. I was very pleased with how it turned out. What do you think? In progress The finished product

Halloween Update: A Change of Plans

So everyone, I am a little disappointed to say that my Marie Antoinette costume is not a go this year. There has been so much piling up on me between things in my personal life, work, and school, that I have been unable to find the time to get the rest of my costume together. I bit off more than I could chew this year, but I know for next time to plan better. Perhaps you'll see the Queen next year... Although I will not be doing Marie Antoinette, I do have something planned that I can easily do with what I have! I will be using my red dress, a hat, roses, black lace and accessories, and of course some creative make-up, to throw together a Día de los Muertos costume. I think it might even be a better option this year, as I plan on visiting my aunt's house who has decorated her home in a  "Dead Hat Society" theme this year. If you don't remember the aunt to whom I am referring, here is the link to my post about her house.  I will take pictures! It's really spe