Skip to main content

The Corner Shop

     Located In the Heart of Marietta (metro Atlanta) is a little shop close to my heart, The Corner Shop. Around a Few years ago, I spotted little Union Jack flags outside the store, and I wanted to enter. Upon entry, I was greeted by a sweet lady named Tina, and I began to browse through British goods that were once unavailable in my area. Even though sometimes I do not purchase anything, Tina always offers a warm hug and a friendly chat. I have been visiting the store ever since.

   I recall one of my first visits to the store when monsoon-like weather roared through the square. Completely unprepared, my brother and I rushed into The Corner Shop to seek shelter. We were greeted by Tina, who offered us tea and Jammy Dodgers. That day was one of the more memorable days I have had. Because of that experience, I will always carry a fondness for Jammy Dodgers and afternoon tea while rain pours in the background. This just goes to show that The Corner shop offers a little something for everyone.
    The corner shop stocks a variety of goods. There are many types of candies including Yorkie Bars, sugar Mice, Wine Gums, and countless others. More traditional English food, which I have yet to try much, includes blood sausage, haddock, black pudding, and Sheppard's Pie. The store is not only stocked with British food, but also with tea, kettles, Will and Kate merchandise,Celtic jewelry, and many other interesting items. Everything is priced reasonably, which is perfect for curious customers without much cash. 
     If you live in the greater Atlanta area, I highly recommend visiting The Corner Shop. It is located in my favorite town in suburbia, Historic Marietta Square. You won't regret it.  Here is the website: http://thecornershopga.com/

Comments

  1. I love this post! Thanks Katie! I love you coming to visit me at the shop and glad it means so much to you too! Tina <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this place! The owners are so sweet! Whenever I am at the square I love to stop by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.

My Aunt's Victorian House

I spent this weekend at my Aunt's house. I figured since I had a school assignment at an observatory near her house, that I'd spend the night while I was out there. She lives in a lovely Victorian house that is filled with antiques and Halloween decorations. They even say it's haunted. (They had me sleep in the "haunted" room, but I didn't see any ghosts. :/). I took some pictures of the house while I was there. Below, is just a portion of the Halloween decorations they keep. Around Halloween time, they go all out to decorate. I'm not kidding. My Aunt was even born on Halloween, and she's the one who really fueled my love of spooky things during my childhood.  This is an antique baby carriage they keep in front of my cousin's room.  This table is in the front parlor. I thought it was beautiful, and the witchy sign is a nice touch. This beauty is probably my favorite thing in the house. It was an antique organ that came from a ve...