Skip to main content

Halloween 2013

 On the morning of Halloween, I woke up to get together my costume and make-up to wear during the school and work day. I did this last year for my Jareth costume. This year, people were approaching me off the streets asking me to take photos with them (I might be on instagram)! At the sight of me, some people were taken aback and others were beaming with smiles. I was late to my first class because of the make-up, and it was completely worth it for the sake of infusing a little Halloween spirit in the campus.

On Halloween evening, I decided to take my skeleton-self over to my infamous aunt's Victorian home. Her house is known for being the most elaborately decorated house on Halloween. They have different themes each year. This year it was "Dead Hat Society." It's a reference to the Red Hat Society, which is comprised of old women who get together and have tea parties. If you see where this is going, you'll know that my relatives set up a giant macabre tea party in their front lawn. There were skeletons climbing out of graves, with one on a bike in order to join the ladies of the Dead Hat Society at their skeleton tea party. My costume fit right in-- so much so, that some people thought I was a prop! You can imagine how terrified they were when they saw me moving.


They're coming out of their graves to join the party!







I hope everyone had a spooktacular Halloween this year. Let me know in the comments what you think, and tell me about what you did this year. Also, happy All Soul's Day/ Day of the Dead!

Comments

  1. I love your outfit and makeup! And your aunt's skeleton tea party! I think she needs to adopt me! I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, what fun it must've been to witness people realizing you're real!
    But you do look like a doll! A beautiful Catrina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome theme! I imagine it looked even better at night! I love your costume and makeup - the nose chains are a pretty and unique touch. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look great at night. They had some red lights and lanterns lighting the yard. And I made the nose chain, so thank you!

      Delete
  4. Amazing decorations! You fitted in well in your costume so no wonder people thougth you were a prop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was by accident that my costume went with the theme, so it went perfectly!

      Delete
  5. Wow, I love how your makeup turned out! And I am soooooo jealous of your aunt's house, it's perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! My uncle worked very hard decorating.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

The Ammons' House

Swarms of flies, strange noises, shadowy figures, possessed children climbing up the walls...These all sound like elements from a horror film, but these occurrences characterize a recent paranormal case from Indiana that's been circulating through the media. So far, this case has been well-documented with records from local police and Department of Child Services, psychological evaluations, and priest intervention. After reading one article from USA Today, I find  it compelling that a DCS report details one of the children being "lifted and thrown into the wall with nobody touching him." Despite this many written records from seemingly credible sources, there are still some loose ends. Demon in the photo? There's an app for that. First of all, I'm wondering why there is no video or photo documentation. In a case like this, it should have occurred to someone to document this on camera. In the reports I've read, the homeowner hired clairvoyants and reque...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.