Skip to main content

What I've Been Up to Lately

Finals at Georgia State are approaching very soon. In fact, I will be finished with my freshman year of college on May 7! 

That said, I'm thinking of plans for this Summer. Right now, it's looking like I'll be visiting my brother in Thailand. I'm looking forward to exploring caves and waterfalls and maybe even learning to ride a motorbike. This also means I'm getting a tan so I'll be less likely to get sun poisoning while abroad. That'll be different-- I haven't been tan for close to a decade. Hopefully, the trip works out. I should know in a week. 

It's a monkey in Thailand my brother saw.

Other than that, I look forward to spending some time with meaningful people in my life. I might even go on a few impromptu adventures. Also, my Summer reading list awaits! I plan on reading On The Road by Jack Kerouac in addition to reading more Faulkner and delving into a Thomas Merton book or two. I also recently purchased my ticket to see Depeche Mode in December. 

Lately, other than doing school work, I've been living! I went camping, I tried salsa dancing for the first time, I learned how to use my rosary other than as an accessory, and I've been very happy overall. My depression hasn't bothered me in two weeks, give or take. I'm not expecting that part to last, but I'm thankful to have a reprieve.

What are your plans for the Summer?
 


Comments

  1. Thailand sounds wonderful - I hope that works out for you! And a summer of catching up on your reading also sounds wonderful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The extensive flight will give me ample time to read!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Visiting Thailand sounds amazing! Are you planning to do any study abroad during college?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to do study abroad eventually, but I'm not sure yet.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.

My Aunt's Victorian House

I spent this weekend at my Aunt's house. I figured since I had a school assignment at an observatory near her house, that I'd spend the night while I was out there. She lives in a lovely Victorian house that is filled with antiques and Halloween decorations. They even say it's haunted. (They had me sleep in the "haunted" room, but I didn't see any ghosts. :/). I took some pictures of the house while I was there. Below, is just a portion of the Halloween decorations they keep. Around Halloween time, they go all out to decorate. I'm not kidding. My Aunt was even born on Halloween, and she's the one who really fueled my love of spooky things during my childhood.  This is an antique baby carriage they keep in front of my cousin's room.  This table is in the front parlor. I thought it was beautiful, and the witchy sign is a nice touch. This beauty is probably my favorite thing in the house. It was an antique organ that came from a ve...