Skip to main content

Starting My Customized Band Jacket

     After a few days of on and off work, I finished the first logo on my jacket. I just free handed the Sisters of Mercy logo on to the back of my old leather jacket that wasn't getting much use. I'm really excited about it, and I think it turned out pretty well. Next, I'll be adding "Dead Can Dance" across the shoulders. After that, I'm not quite sure what else I'll add. It's a bit of a spontaneous and poorly planned project. I'll be painting on new things every so often, so I'll make sure to update on my progress.
It's pretty blank, so I've got a ways to go.

The lettering was the most difficult.

Comments

  1. it looks so good! I can't believe that you hand painted that! no stencil?
    i can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I planned on making a stencil, but it would've been too time consuming. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween is Creeping Up on Us!

Fall is officially here, and the month of October is right around the corner. I find myself still in the contemplation stages for my Halloween costume. Most years I'm very last minute, but I can't afford to procrastinate this time around. That's because I've decided on a more elaborate costume for this Hallow's Eve: Marie Antoinette (with a slashed neck, of course). Source I've been searching online for inspiration, and I've been developing a tentative plan for how I'm going to pursue this costume. For the dress, I will keep an eye out for a prom dress at a local thrift store. It will need to be a sturdy fabric, preferably in a mid-to-light blue. I will need to make any necessary alterations and add sleeves, bows, and lace. As for the poof under the skirt, my idea involves sewing a couple of small pillows to tie to my hips. This would be easier that making a pannier . What I am most worried about, besides my limited time, is the wig. I cannot affor...

DIY Moon Patch

Sometimes, I get the inexplicable desire to paint patches. This time, I had an image of the moon phases in my head. The next thing I knew, I was pinning the patch on to the back of my jean vest. I was very pleased with how it turned out. What do you think? In progress The finished product

Goblins and Hobgoblins

Toby and Goblins from Labyrinth While thumbing through a copy of Fate Magazine, an article about goblins caught my eye. Goblins are legendary creatures that come in many shapes and sizes. Generally, Goblins are said to be small and ugly, noisy, and have a bit of a mean streak. They are known for their compulsive cleaning, mischievousness, greediness, and occasional baby-stealing (Labyrinth) The Gringott's Goblin Christina Rosetti wrote a poem called, "Goblin Market" Here's an excerpt: Laugh’d every goblin When they spied her peeping: Came towards her hobbling, Flying, running, leaping, Puffing and blowing, Chuckling, clapping, crowing, Clucking and gobbling, Mopping and mowing, Full of airs and graces, Pulling wry faces, Demure grimaces, Cat-like and rat-like, Ratel- and wombat-like, Snail-paced in a hurry, Parrot-voiced and whistler, Helter skelter, hurry skurry, Chattering like magpies, Fluttering like pigeons, Glidin...