Skip to main content

Resolutions for The New Year

Making resolutions are cliche, but I'm going to make a few regardless:
  1. I'd like to cook more, and I want attempt to make vegan and vegetarian meals. I'm not a veggie, but a few vegan or vegetarian meals a week is very heart healthy.
  2. I need to get outside more. Fresh air does wonders for anyone. (This also means spending less time on the computer.)
  3. I'm going to start a spiritual journal, obviously for my spiritual benefit (by tracking my growth and what not).
For The New Year in The South, or for my family at least, we always eat black eyed peas and greens (collard, mustard, turnip, I love 'em all!).  It's supposed to symbolize luck and wealth, but I participate in the tradition because I very much enjoy Southern/Soul food. Does anyone else have any New Years traditions to share?

Yum!
I hope everyone had a lovely end of the year, and may the new year bring you fulfillment and happiness.

Comments

  1. Your resolutions sound great, I'm a vegan so I love the first one especially ;)
    I wish you a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you! I hope you have a great new year. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

The Ammons' House

Swarms of flies, strange noises, shadowy figures, possessed children climbing up the walls...These all sound like elements from a horror film, but these occurrences characterize a recent paranormal case from Indiana that's been circulating through the media. So far, this case has been well-documented with records from local police and Department of Child Services, psychological evaluations, and priest intervention. After reading one article from USA Today, I find  it compelling that a DCS report details one of the children being "lifted and thrown into the wall with nobody touching him." Despite this many written records from seemingly credible sources, there are still some loose ends. Demon in the photo? There's an app for that. First of all, I'm wondering why there is no video or photo documentation. In a case like this, it should have occurred to someone to document this on camera. In the reports I've read, the homeowner hired clairvoyants and reque...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.