Skip to main content

Spooktacular Hearses and HearseCon!

Hearses aren't always a drag like many people think. This vehicle puts the fun in funeral. There are some really awesome and completely outrageous looking custom hearses out there, so I thought I'd share some pictures.
The Harold and Maude hearse
source
The Cathedral Hearse
source
Old-Timey Glass Hearse
Source
Monster Truck Hearse
source
1929 Argentinian Hearse
source
Hot Rod Hearse
source
Ghostbusters Hearse
source

 For other people, like myself, who have a morbid fascination with hearses, check out this website. These Hearse Girls are awesome! It turns out that Denver, Colorado has tons of Hearse Enthusiasts. Every year There's an event called HearseCon. If you're in Denver June 22-24 this year, check it out. Here's the HearseCon page for 2012. It looks like a lot of fun.

"The only Hearseclub meet so good, the rest of your life will be a bitter disappointment by comparison."

"It's like a funeral at a rock concert."
HearseCon commercial for 2011:
HearseCon news coverage:
Pure awesome. hopefully one day, I'll be able to attend.

Comments

  1. Hello! I'm a new follower :-)

    For the movie Harold and Maude, they used multiple hearses. Actor Brandon Lee (of The Crow) actually bought one of those hearses, since he was a big fan of that movie (and hearses too, we can assume).

    I'd die for some of those vehicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing and for adding me. :)

      Delete
  2. Ah! This event is happening in my area this weekend but I don't think I can go.... :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.

The Ammons' House

Swarms of flies, strange noises, shadowy figures, possessed children climbing up the walls...These all sound like elements from a horror film, but these occurrences characterize a recent paranormal case from Indiana that's been circulating through the media. So far, this case has been well-documented with records from local police and Department of Child Services, psychological evaluations, and priest intervention. After reading one article from USA Today, I find  it compelling that a DCS report details one of the children being "lifted and thrown into the wall with nobody touching him." Despite this many written records from seemingly credible sources, there are still some loose ends. Demon in the photo? There's an app for that. First of all, I'm wondering why there is no video or photo documentation. In a case like this, it should have occurred to someone to document this on camera. In the reports I've read, the homeowner hired clairvoyants and reque...