Skip to main content

The Gothic Box

     I started to feel really bored and also quite restless earlier today, so I decided to drop by the mall to check out FYE (the music store). It turns out, the store is going out of business. The only music store near me that actually stocks some decent music! Well, fortunately for me, I got something good out of the whole deal. Everything in the store was 50%-70% off. After browsing, I happened upon something called "The Gothic Box." I had been wanting this thing since before Christmas, but I haven't been able to afford it. It's a CD box-set with three goth rock compilation CDs and a music video DVD. It also included a manuscript with commentary from various band members and a guide to "How to Dance Gothic" and "For Running a Proper Goth Night" with pictures throughout. I was absolutely ecstatic to find out that this $65 set cost me only $20! This made me a very happy kitty. Check out the pics:




And also, my best friend decided to give me a pair of converse boots that didn't fit her. I decided to paint some Nightmare Before Christmas style bats on the toes. Here they are:

Comments

  1. I checked out "The Gothic Box" from my library and it was really my first taste of goth music. Isn't it fabulous?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, your library must be great to stock the gothic box. I love it. I'm even watching the music videos right now that came in the set.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.

My Aunt's Victorian House

I spent this weekend at my Aunt's house. I figured since I had a school assignment at an observatory near her house, that I'd spend the night while I was out there. She lives in a lovely Victorian house that is filled with antiques and Halloween decorations. They even say it's haunted. (They had me sleep in the "haunted" room, but I didn't see any ghosts. :/). I took some pictures of the house while I was there. Below, is just a portion of the Halloween decorations they keep. Around Halloween time, they go all out to decorate. I'm not kidding. My Aunt was even born on Halloween, and she's the one who really fueled my love of spooky things during my childhood.  This is an antique baby carriage they keep in front of my cousin's room.  This table is in the front parlor. I thought it was beautiful, and the witchy sign is a nice touch. This beauty is probably my favorite thing in the house. It was an antique organ that came from a ve...