Skip to main content

Mini Thrift Haul

At first glance, I thought this would be a full sweater, but I'm just as happy with this. I really like the intricate patterns, and it's also very soft.
 I saw this wool coat, and I thought I needed it for Winter. I know it's a long time from now, but I can wait.
 The embroidery is what really had me sold. Only $5 too, so it was a steal.
 I wasn't too sure about this top at first. I'm careful about wearing crushed velvet, since it can look costume-y if not done right. It actually fits me nicely, and it has a corseted detailing up the front until just under the bust.
 Here's a closer look.
Happy thrifting!

Comments

  1. Those are some very nice pieces!

    I went to a thai restaurant the other day and my mum got a fortune saying something about how shopping can raise someone's spirits -- imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can. Some people have an addiction because of that though. haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween is Creeping Up on Us!

Fall is officially here, and the month of October is right around the corner. I find myself still in the contemplation stages for my Halloween costume. Most years I'm very last minute, but I can't afford to procrastinate this time around. That's because I've decided on a more elaborate costume for this Hallow's Eve: Marie Antoinette (with a slashed neck, of course). Source I've been searching online for inspiration, and I've been developing a tentative plan for how I'm going to pursue this costume. For the dress, I will keep an eye out for a prom dress at a local thrift store. It will need to be a sturdy fabric, preferably in a mid-to-light blue. I will need to make any necessary alterations and add sleeves, bows, and lace. As for the poof under the skirt, my idea involves sewing a couple of small pillows to tie to my hips. This would be easier that making a pannier . What I am most worried about, besides my limited time, is the wig. I cannot affor...

DIY Moon Patch

Sometimes, I get the inexplicable desire to paint patches. This time, I had an image of the moon phases in my head. The next thing I knew, I was pinning the patch on to the back of my jean vest. I was very pleased with how it turned out. What do you think? In progress The finished product

Dragon Con 2012

This year was my first time going to Dragon Con. Although it was exhausting, I had a great time. I definitely plan on going again next year. Me and Justean She's feeling zombified. Justean, I think you need medical attention. Getting strangled by my demon friend.  I had to. haha I tried on two authentic steel boned corsets. I originally wanted the underbust (since they're versatile), but the overbust looks really good too.  I'd like to order one for birthday or Christmas. Which one do you guys like better on me?  or I did a lot of shopping, but I didn't actually buy anything. :(  However, I did get some cool pictures. The Goblin King!   Dr. Rockzos (Metalocalypse) I'm not sure who it's supposed to be, but I thought it was very interesting. Guess What! I shook Nelsan Ellis' (Lafeyette from Trueblood's hand)! I love the show (I've only watched up to the 3rd season so far), and Lafayette is my favorite characte...