Skip to main content

March Update

Hello, readers! It's been nearly a month since I've posted anything. I simply wanted to say that I am not dead. I haven't been feeling  inspired, which is the main reason why there haven't been any posts as of late. I'll try to do better, but I can't promise anything substantial.

In other news, I'll be visiting one of my aunts this weekend. She's the one with the haunted Victorian house I posted about. Here's the link if you haven't read. I'm hoping to at least do a small post about my weekend. My spring break is over after that, so that means back to work.

Comments

  1. Hope you have a lovely weekend in Ye Olde Haunted House, OddGoulOut! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like everyone is in a bit of a blogging lull (myself included). I hope you have a wonderful weekend in your haunted house. I was going to go to the graveyard tonight, but it was too COLD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly been cold lately. I was supposed to go to the observatory tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain. I hope your cemetery excursion will happen soon!

      Delete
  3. I can relate to your lack of inspiration. For me, it's not so much about inspiration as it is a lack of ideas. Sometimes I just don't know what to write about.

    Enjoy staying in your aunt's haunted Victorian house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to a lack of ideas. I've very much enjoyed my stay at my aunt's. Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.

Halloween Update: A Change of Plans

So everyone, I am a little disappointed to say that my Marie Antoinette costume is not a go this year. There has been so much piling up on me between things in my personal life, work, and school, that I have been unable to find the time to get the rest of my costume together. I bit off more than I could chew this year, but I know for next time to plan better. Perhaps you'll see the Queen next year... Although I will not be doing Marie Antoinette, I do have something planned that I can easily do with what I have! I will be using my red dress, a hat, roses, black lace and accessories, and of course some creative make-up, to throw together a Día de los Muertos costume. I think it might even be a better option this year, as I plan on visiting my aunt's house who has decorated her home in a  "Dead Hat Society" theme this year. If you don't remember the aunt to whom I am referring, here is the link to my post about her house.  I will take pictures! It's really spe...