Skip to main content

The Cure's 2016 Tour

found on Goth Memes
Ryan and I went to see The Cure this month when they came to Atlanta. They played at a big amphitheater, so we sat on the lawn along with all the other fans, including a couple who got married during the concert! People were dancing and drinking, hitting around beach balls, and enjoying the music of course.


The Twilight Sad is the name of the band that opened for them. Check them out:


This was my first time seeing The Cure, and I was delighted and surprised by the fact that they played over thirty songs with four encores. And, the weather was skin-melting. They talked about how it was "bloody hot" and that we Atlantans should "vacation in Greenland," ( I hope you're reading that in Robert Smith's voice) but they still kept going, taking breaks occasionally to stick their heads in the freezer. Here is a link to the concert's setlist if you'd like to take a look.

I haven't been dressing up much lately. I'll usually just wake up and put on a t-shirt and a simple skirt or jeans with minimal (or no) makeup, but I still like to have an excuse to get dolled up even if it doesn't bring me as much joy as it used to in years passed. I wore my favorite flowy top with my eyeball necklace (it's got a glass eye!). I did get a bit excited about wearing my Edgar Allan Poe-ka dot socks that Ryan bought me (confession: I love socks) with my wingtip creepers I bought a while back. I'm terrible at doing my hair since it's at an awkward length, so I tied a bandana over my hair like Rosie the riveter.


See the Poe-ka dot socks?
As you might be able to tell from the pictures, it was "bloody hot" out. I still don't regret the socks. They were worth the extra sweat.

I got new glasses!


As you can see, the show was pretty crowded. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting out on the lawn. I couldn't see the band very well, but the acoustics were great. Also, being out on the lawn with all those fans made me feel a sense of camaraderie. I saw so many black-clad, tattooed, colorful-haired folks, and we all danced like no one was watching. It was good fun.


My Ryan



I'll share only one of the videos from the night since they take up a lot of space. I like how you can see everyone's excitement (and the beach ball) in this one. And, if you listen closely, you might be able to hear me singing along. Please excuse the poor quality; it was recorded on a phone:


I had so much fun at this concert. I bought one of the tour shirts and wore it to lunch the next day, and I even went running this evening with "Want" playing on loop in my head. The rhythm was perfect for my running pace, I might add. I hope I get to see them again in the future. 

Let me know down in the comments if you got to see them on the 2016 tour or a previous one.

Comments

  1. I can't wait til they get to Australia! Soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting! If they continue playing like they have, then they'll play thirty songs or more. Although, they haven't played the Lovecats at any of their shows.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Devil's Turnaround

Noonday Missionary Baptist Church's Cemetery is also known as "Devil's Turnaround." It is located along a little back road in Kennesaw, Georgia, and most of the graves are scattered in the woods. It is easy to miss, but some of the gravestones are visible from the road. The cemetery has graves from the 1860's. I wouldn't doubt that some of its occupants were slaves at one time. Many say the land is haunted by malevolent spirits who hurl objects and make physical contact--shoving, scratching, and even biting visitors. I could understand why any lingering spirits might be upset: These grounds have been terribly neglected. Much of the graves are broken and toppled over. Some are barely visible through the overgrowth of ivy and weeds. People also say the root of the haunting may be related to rumored cult rituals performed on the property. Located right by the cemetery are huge power lines (high voltage transmission lines). I could hear them b

Why I Still Use CD's

Second Wave Compilation, Talking Heads, and SOM all purchased at a used book store Are CD's obsolete? With all of this digital downloading, most people don't even bother with them. Even vinyls (which are technically obsolete) have a vintage charm which CD's currently lack. I have a friend who jokes, "It's 2013. Who listens to CD's anymore?" while knowing full well that I still buy them. It might seem that I have luddite tendencies--I don't use an e reader either. However, I can make some very good arguments for purchasing CD's. Buying your music on compact disks nowadays is really cheap, especially if you know where to look. I tend to shop for them at Goodwill, thrift stores, and used book stores. I found Ministry's Psalm 69 (in very good condition) at my local Goodwill for only $1. Keep in mind, many people pay that much for a digital copy of one song. When I shop for them at my local used book store, the CD's are guaranteed to be i

Halloween Update: A Change of Plans

So everyone, I am a little disappointed to say that my Marie Antoinette costume is not a go this year. There has been so much piling up on me between things in my personal life, work, and school, that I have been unable to find the time to get the rest of my costume together. I bit off more than I could chew this year, but I know for next time to plan better. Perhaps you'll see the Queen next year... Although I will not be doing Marie Antoinette, I do have something planned that I can easily do with what I have! I will be using my red dress, a hat, roses, black lace and accessories, and of course some creative make-up, to throw together a Día de los Muertos costume. I think it might even be a better option this year, as I plan on visiting my aunt's house who has decorated her home in a  "Dead Hat Society" theme this year. If you don't remember the aunt to whom I am referring, here is the link to my post about her house.  I will take pictures! It's really spe