For now, I'm still figuring out my budget and waiting on scholarship decisions to come in. The cost of the program is expensive, so I made a go fund me at this URL: http://www.gofundme.com/k11txc
If you can donate and/or share this link, it would be much appreciated!
Here's what I plan on doing while I'm in Peru:
- Visiting Ollantaytambo, a beautiful city with palace ruins from the old Incan stronghold during Spanish conquest. It's also one of the first stops on the Inca Trail
- I would really like to do the full Inca Trail Hike, which lasts four days, but I will definitely be doing a partial hike.
- I know I will be going to Machu Picchu at least once and maybe even a second time after the program officially ends.
- Trips to Puno, the Sacred Valley, and Puerto Maldonado are on the itinerary.
- I'd love to go to other places like Nazca or Cajamarca, but It's more likely that I'll visit Lima on the way back home. Hopefully, I can take the scenic train from Huancayo to Lima.
- There's so much food and drink to try! Chicha, chicha morada, Chifa (Chinese-Peruvian), Papas rellenas, Papas a la Huancaína, tallarines verdes (special Peru pesto), and I will probably try guinea pig at some point...
I'm still planning where I can go and what I can do, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know!