Skip to main content

A Small Update

Dear readers, It's almost Summertime--a time for catching fireflies, telling ghost stories, night swimming and watching the stars while lying along the warm ground.

tumblr

I have one final exam left to go; This one's at 8:00 in the morning. I'm not worried about the exam itself, but rather waking up on time! My consolation it that afterwards, I will be going out for a french breakfast with my astronomer (who is now my boyfriend as of May 1!).

I will not be going to Thailand after all. This is somewhat unfortunate, but I'm instead planning an Eastern Europe trip for next year. This Summer will be filled with much reading and a few short adventures.

I've neglected this blog recently, but I have a couple of post ideas lined up.

 I know many of you started following because of my Goth-related posts, but that's not really the direction I want to take this blog. Although I'm not exactly sure where this blog will go either, I've got some ideas. I hope all you readers will still be willing to follow!


Comments

  1. I am glad you will be back and I am excited to read your posts on any theme! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about Thailand, but Eastern Europe sounds wonderful, too! Like N. Finsternis, I'm looking forward to whatever you're going to write about! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, and I'm looking forward to posting more. I will have a little more time this Summer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Hair: 20's Inspired

For my readers who have followed this blog for any considerable amount of time, you probably aren't surprised that I've changed my hair yet again! I got rid of my orange patch, and I exchanged it for a color close to my natural hue. It's been a while since I've had them, but I decided to go with bangs again.  This cut reminds me of Daisy Buchanan's in the recent Gatsby.  Daisy Buchanan I'm a fan of the Roaring Twenties. It was an age of decadence, but also an age of self-discovery. Besides, some very good authors and artists came out of that era. Speaking of 20's artists and writers, If you have not seen Midnight in Paris, then you certainly should.

Depeche Mode Concert

Last night, Depeche Mode came to town. After a long week and much time spent looking forward to this, I'm glad to say I was in attendance. Justean and I ventured off to the venue with little incident this time (meaning not getting horribly lost like before). When we arrived, we noticed what a broad spectrum of fans Depeche Mode reached. There were a lot of drunken middle aged people, but besides that, there was a range of alternative types as well as more mainstream looking people. One thing is for sure that most everyone seemed excited to be there. In fact, at one point, I almost got in an altercation with a couple who was so excited, they decided to squeeze right in front of me and cut me off! Let's just say I got them to vacate my vicinity.  It was a great night for a concert. The moon shone brightly, and looming rain clouds dissipated. As for the show itself, Depeche Mode knows how to work a crowd. They sound mostly the same in concert as on their albums. They eve...

Halloween Update: A Change of Plans

So everyone, I am a little disappointed to say that my Marie Antoinette costume is not a go this year. There has been so much piling up on me between things in my personal life, work, and school, that I have been unable to find the time to get the rest of my costume together. I bit off more than I could chew this year, but I know for next time to plan better. Perhaps you'll see the Queen next year... Although I will not be doing Marie Antoinette, I do have something planned that I can easily do with what I have! I will be using my red dress, a hat, roses, black lace and accessories, and of course some creative make-up, to throw together a Día de los Muertos costume. I think it might even be a better option this year, as I plan on visiting my aunt's house who has decorated her home in a  "Dead Hat Society" theme this year. If you don't remember the aunt to whom I am referring, here is the link to my post about her house.  I will take pictures! It's really spe...